Activity: Consultancy types › KTP & Consultancy in kind
The overall objective of the project were to develop a biomass boiler unit for the poultry industry for disposing of chicken litter.
• Review and establish current and future legislation
• Develop and optimise a standard method for the combustion of dried chicken litter covering current and proposed legislation and working standards
• Identify and evaluate feed stock for process application
• Organisation of in-house laboratory and development and implementation of an integrated system for planning, recording and evaluating pilot system results
• Trial of optimum moisture content fuel
• Documentation of detailed design and operation manuals