PhD Candidate in Geography. The main focus of my research is municipally collected plastics recycling in Northern Ireland. I am approaching this utilising stakeholder engagement and social sciences-based data collection methodologies. I am using the Multi Level Perspective framework to try to understand barriers and enablers to better practice, and how the current regime matches up with overarching stated policy aims like the Circular Economy Action Plan or UK Environment Act.
- Sustainability Transitions
- Large scale resource management and the 'Circular Economy'
- Localisation and building shorter, more resilient supply chains
- The interface between government policy and academia/citizens.
- Degrowth/Postgrowth theories & necessary alternatives to linear capitalism
- Adapting society to a climate-changed planet
- 2022 - QUB - Undergrad Geography Module 210GGY1012 Tutorials and Essay Marking
- 2017-2021 - Music Technology Lecturer to HND level @Belfast Metropolitan College
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- G Geography (General)
- 1 Similar Profiles