Research Output per year
Gráinne is a Lecturer at Queen’s University Management School with expertise in the areas of management and international management. She currently leads a project on digitalization, disruption and women’s entrepreneurship.
Gráinne is interested in individual perspectives on work, particularly the health and well-being implications of new types of work arrangements in the globalized digital economy. Her research draws on theory, concepts and methods from anthropology and social psychology. She has been a lead researcher on a project with the Irish Centre for Manufacturing Research on employees' experience of tacit knowledge management practices. She has engaged in research on employees' experience of work within knowledge intensive firms and multinational organisations, particularly in the pharmaceutical, ICT and financial service sectors. Gráinne is a reviewer for the International Journal of Human Resource Management and Personnel Review. She also holds an External Examiner role with Carlow Institute of Technology.
Gráinne’s research has received both national and international recognition. She is a former Government of Ireland Scholar, awarded the Government of Ireland Research Scholarship (IRCHSS) and the University of Limerick Advanced Scholarship to conduct her PhD studies. She has presented her research at numerous academic and professional conferences and she has published book chapters and articles in journals including Human Resource Management Journal, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Work, Employment and Society and Personnel Review.
- Resourcing and Talent Management MGT 7149 (MSc Human Resource Management Programme)
- Managing People in the 21st Century Organisation MGT9030 (MSc Management Programme)
- Applied International Business MGT 3004 (International Business Management & Language Programme)
- Research Methods for Business MGT 7158, MGT 7173 and ACC7002 (MSc Management/Marketing/HRM, International Business and Accounting and Finance Programmes)
- 2019-2020 Co-ordinator of student staff consultation committee (SSCC) meetings for the Business Management and Business Management with a Language Programmes.
- 2018-2019 Director of the MSc Management Programme
- 2017-2018 Co-ordinator of peer mentors for the Business Management programme
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper
Enhancing knowledge exchange and combination through HR practices: reflexivity as a translationprocessMonks, K., Conway, E., Fu, N., Bailey, K., Kelly, G. & Hannon, E., Jul 2016, In : Human Resource Management Journal. 26, 3, p. 304-320 17 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution