Aromatase inhibitors effectively prevent breast cancer recurrence and development of new contralateral tumours in postmenopausal women. We assessed the efficacy and safety of the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole for prevention of breast cancer in postmenopausal women who are at high risk of the disease.
- Antineoplastic Agents, Hormonal
- Aromatase Inhibitors
- Breast Neoplasms
- Carcinoma, Ductal, Breast
- Carcinoma, Intraductal, Noninfiltrating
- Carcinoma, Lobular
- Double-Blind Method
- Longitudinal Studies
- Middle Aged
- Proportional Hazards Models
- Risk Factors
- Treatment Outcome
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Anastrozole for prevention of breast cancer in high-risk postmenopausal women (IBIS-II): an international, double-blind, randomised placebo-controlled trial'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences - Clinical Reader
- Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research