The identification of therapeutic vulnerabilities in mutant KRAS tumors has proven difficult to achieve. Burgess and colleagues recently reported in Cell that mutant/wild-type Kras allelic dosage determines clonal fitness and MEK inhibitor sensitivity in a leukemia model, demonstrating that KRAS allelic imbalance is likely an important and overlooked variable.
- Allelic Imbalance/genetics
- Diphenylamine/analogs & derivatives
- Gene Dosage/genetics
- MAP Kinase Kinase 1/antagonists & inhibitors
- MAP Kinase Kinase 2/antagonists & inhibitors
- Models, Theoretical
- Proto-Oncogene Proteins p21(ras)/genetics